Andrew D. Myers
Practice Focus and Experience
Andrew Myers practices in the Business Law area. He concentrates his practice in the representation of emerging businesses in corporate, finance, and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, public and private financings, venture capital transactions, and joint ventures. He also handles day-to-day legal matters, such as initial organization, licensing, supply and distribution arrangements, employment arrangements, equity incentive plans, trade secret protection, and Internet commerce agreements. Andrew also represents venture capital firms in early stage and mezzanine financing transactions, and private equity firms in investments, buy-outs and restructurings. He has represented businesses in a wide range of industries, including software, advanced materials, medical devices, manufacturing, computer peripherals, Internet commerce, consumer products, service industries, distribution, and entertainment, among others.
- Represented manufacturer of sonar transducers for defense and commercial applications in a strategic sale to a private-equity backed purchaser.
- Represented a regional distributor in a "bolt-on" acquisition.
- Represented principal investors in several financings in a biopharmaceutical company and a recapitalization. Represented investors in the company sale of an option to a major biotech company.
- Represented global construction business in connection with an off-shore reorganization.
- Represent growing, VC-backed health-tech company in license agreements with major health-care organizations.
- Represented sellers of a regional distributor to a $1 billion strategic partner.
- Represented venture funds in Series A, Series B and Convertible Note investments in health care services company.
- Represented selling stockholders in a $60 million sale of high-tech manufacturer.
- Represented publicly traded company in a $150 million acquisition of an industrial products manufacturer.
- Represented printing company in the sale of its production assets. The company retained assets in a related business.
- Represented selling stockholders of majority stake in a direct marketing subsidiary company through a forward merger.
- Represented private equity firms in a recapitalization of their $12 million investment in a consumer products company.
- Represented issuer in an $82 million initial public offering.
- Represented founder/inventor in sale of IP and partnership interest in a business that developed applications for the iPhone®.
- Represented high-tech manufacturer in a $65 million sale to a NYSE listed company.
- Represented venture capital funds in several preferred-equity and debt plus warrant investments
- Represented managed Internet services company in $17 million of venture capital financing, as well as with general corporate and governance issues.
- Represented private equity firms in a $25 million leveraged acquisition of a consumer products company.
- Represented publisher of educational materials in a sale to a national, Ohio-based publishing company.
- Represented family-owned manufacturing concern in a tax-free split off of its packaging materials business unit to a minority stockholder.
- Represented a $40 million manufacturing and distribution business in a tax-free split-off into three separately owned limited liability companies, each with employee ownership participation.
- Represented national agricultural products company in a $43 million sale to institutional buyers.
- Represented cashless sponsors in a $36 million acquisition and financing of a high-tech manufacturer.
- Represented the stockholders in the sale of a New York based market research company to a national, privately held company.
- Represented high tech manufacturers in licensing agreements with GE.
- Represented Massachusetts manufacturer in the acquisition of a majority stake in U.K. based company.
- Established equity incentive plans for several emerging businesses.
- Represented New York-based entertainment company in its sale to a NYSE listed company.
- Represented a local consumer product company in the negotiation and documentation of a supply agreement with a well-known global conglomerate for European distribution.
- Distinctions: Peer Review AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest bestowed rating; Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2004, 2008-2016.
- Admitted: Massachusetts.
- Fellow: Massachusetts Bar Foundation.
- Member: American Bar Association; Boston Bar Association; Massachusetts Bar Association; National Association of Corporate Directors; Hub Angels; Boston Harbor Angels.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Accelerating Startup Partnerships and Investment Readiness Program, VentureWell, 2016, Andrew D. Myers (mentor)
SEC Update 2013: The JOBS Act one year later - and the latest SEC rulemaking, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc., Andrew D. Myers (presenter)
Paint it SPAC: Are Special Acquisition Companies a New Model For Capital Formation, The Deal, William F. Griffin, Jr. and Andrew D. Myers (coauthors)
The Blank Check: A New Model for Capital Formation, Boston Business Journal, William F. Griffin, Jr. and Andrew D. Myers (coauthors)
To Arbitrate or Not To Arbitrate, Andrew D. Myers and Gary S. Matsko (authors)