A significant aspect of Davis Malm's business practice involves public and private equity and debt security financings. We structure, negotiate, document, and close "friends and family" and angel rounds, private placements, venture capital financings, venture debt, and public offerings, domestically and abroad. These include SEC-registered offerings and Rule 144A placements. We also advise clients with respect to securities matters associated with these private and public financings.
Our clients are engaged in a variety of businesses, including manufacturing, services, technology, Internet and e-commerce, real estate, and a multitude of other industries involved in the capital markets.
- Represented a venture-backed company through five rounds of debt and equity financing, totaling more than $50 million.
- Represented a leading NYSE company providing environmental and hazardous waste services in an $800 million Rule 144A high-yield note offering, followed by a registered exchange offer and, during a six-week period, a $370 million equity offering, $600 million Rule 144A high-yield note offering and secured, cross-border credit facility amendment permitting $400 million of borrowing.
- Closed a follow-on public offering for a leading NYSE company providing environmental and hazardous waste services, which netted the company more than $170 million. Read more.
- Represented a publicly held company in a $150 million Rule 144A offering of high-yield notes, followed by a registered exchange offer.
- Represented an Asian private equity investor in purchasing secondaries.
- Represented two special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) as corporate and securities counsel in their $82.8 million (read more) and $69 million (read more) IPOs.