Davis Malm's real estate attorneys regularly represent commercial, retail, and residential clients in day-to-day acquisitions, leases, and sales, and in complex transactions involving multiple properties. We represent both landlords and tenants in all types of commercial leasing transactions, including ground leasing, office, retail, medical, utility, warehouse, and industrial leases. As an integral part of our condominium and cooperative practice, we actively participate in unit conveyancing transactions. Our environmental attorneys conduct due diligence and provide assessments to our transactional clients. They are adept and experienced at solving the environmental issues that arise, whether they require contract negotiations, remediation, negotiation with regulatory authorities, or insurance procurement.
We also provide advice about the full range of title matters, review title examinations, provide title insurance for lenders and owners, and regularly defend title claims for major title insurance companies.
- Represented a Major League Baseball organization in a joint venture with another baseball organization to acquire and develop real estate next to our client's spring training facilities.
- Counseled a large public company in acquiring a $12 million property in California and acquiring a company with two facilities, one in Illinois and one in Ohio. The latter transactions involved complicated title and zoning issues as well as transfer of operating permits.
- Represented the buyer in a $100 million deal involving the purchase of 28 acres of vacant land and the financing of a 400,000-square-foot retail/office development in Gilbert, Arizona.
- Represented sellers and buyers in numerous real estate transactions, including the sale of a three-office-building portfolio for $45 million and the purchase of over $31 million of replacement properties in Section 1031 exchanges.
- Represented a buyer in a $55 million deal involving the purchase of 45 acres of vacant land in Phoenix, Arizona, that will be developed in multiple phases and for multiple uses.
- Represented a client in the acquisition and construction financing of a shopping plaza in Marlborough, Massachusetts, and the subsequent preparation of commercial leases with a nationally based company.
- Represented a major publicly traded company in its leasing of sales offices throughout the United States.
- Negotiated a 60-year ground lease and prepared condominium documents for a leasehold industrial condominium consisting of six seafood processing plants.
- Successfully resolved title claims threatening access rights to a 45-lot subdivision.