Davis Malm provides our clients with the full range of legal representation for commercial, residential, mixed-use, and industrial development projects. Our services regularly include representation during land acquisition; permitting; construction; and, ultimately, disposition. Because of our skill, comprehensive expertise, and innovative techniques, our clients trust us to deal successfully with the complex, diverse, and numerous issues they face in completing development projects successfully.
- Represented a family-owned business in the acquisition, development, permitting, and financing of numerous commercial and mixed-use developments, residential subdivisions, and condominium projects in Massachusetts. We also assisted this client with three projects in Arizona.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition, permitting, financing, and sale of a $76 million residential rental apartment building in Quincy, Massachusetts. Prior to construction, the developer had a binding contract to construct the property and to sell it upon completion. This transaction involved complex permitting issues, environmental issues, affordable housing financing, and complex negotiations with the City of Quincy and local environmental protection groups.
- Represented a developer in successful permitting and permit litigation to develop a hotel in Salem, Massachusetts.
- Represented a developer in the successful acquisition, in conjunction with an institutional investor, of 80 acres of land to be developed as a commercial mixed-use project.
- Successfully represented a property owner in a statutory civil rights claim against a neighbor who interfered with our client's right to use and develop his property. Read the decision.
- Successfully represented a client in establishing that a restrictive covenant was not enforceable and did not bar development of our client's large residential subdivision.
- Represented a developer in financing and converting a commercial building in Charlestown, Massachusetts into residential housing.