Our tax attorneys regularly represent individual and business clients before the Internal Revenue Service as well as state and local tax agencies. We are proud of our exceptional results in audits, administrative appeals, and tax litigation in the state and federal courts.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement of Massachusetts inheritance tax on unvested future interests.
- Regularly represent individuals in change-in-residency planning and disputes involving domicile. Recently won favorable settlement of a Massachusetts Department of Revenue challenge to tax residency of an executive working from his out-of-state home.
- Regularly represent businesses in claimed "sham" transactions and "economic substance" cases.
- Prosecuted a $12 million abatement claim for a Massachusetts intellectual property holding company.
- In a widely reported case, secured a complete abatement of personal property tax for a Boston-area shipyard.
- Obtained abatement of an excise tax for a business entity, based on the Massachusetts Research Credit.
- Attained favorable settlement for a college professor in an IRS dispute regarding travel expenses.
- Regularly resolve delinquent return problems and obtain relief from tax liens and levies.