Davis Malm's employment attorneys advise the firm's business clients and their human resources personnel daily, offering practical responses to our clients' employment-related inquiries. We are dedicated to being available, knowledgeable, and up to date on the applicable law, and we work hard to respond in a cost-effective manner to our business clients' day-to-day concerns. We always have an eye on risk-reduction strategies when we answer our clients' inquiries.
Our counseling practice runs the entire gamut from recruitment through termination, relating to compensation issues, discrimination, harassment, contract issues, employee privacy, drug testing, job safety, accommodating handicapped employees, architectural accessibility, benefits, discipline, and documentation concerns. We also have extensive experience resolving employment issues arising in difficult merger and acquisition situations, as well as in reduction in force and plant closure circumstances.
- Assisted a major insurance company and large architectural firm in conducting several series of layoffs in compliance with state and federal laws
- Counseled a multistate employer in comprehensively addressing wage and hour issues.
- Regularly counsel employers in handling disciplinary actions including terminations.
- Counseled healthcare institution in finding reasonable accommodations for several disabled employees.
- Assisted a large regional supermarket chain in compliance with federal and state wage and hour compliance for split-shiftemployees.
- Assisted a national video company in developing an incentive compensation plan.
- Counseled a multistate sales company on various employment issues, including ADA accommodations and leaves of absences.
- Counseled multi-state property management company on employee disciplinary and termination issues, employment policies, and wage and hour issues.
- Assisted a local architectural firm with a reduction in force.
- Assisted a large regional granite supplier with workplace harassment issues.