Davis Malm's business attorneys assist domestic and foreign businesses with the myriad issues surrounding licensing agreements, joint ventures, and collaborations. We work with a variety of clients from start-up companies to multinational corporations to academic institutions. Our clients are engaged in developing, commercializing, and selling patents and other intellectual property as well as products in the life sciences, software, materials science, and other industries, and regularly partner with other entities in the United States and abroad to develop, manufacture, market, distribute, or finance their products.
- We represented a University in its spinout of a biopharmaceutical company and subsequent $32 million Series A financing, including an agreement granting exclusive rights to acquire the company and its technology.
- We represented a specialty pharmaceutical client in its collaboration with a Chinese pharmaceutical company to develop and manufacture pharmaceutical products in China.
- Our lawyers represented a Singapore-based public company in its joint venture with a privately held U.S. company to develop and market hardware and software products for postal, courier, and logistics markets.
- We have negotiated joint development agreements with US, Swiss, Canadian, and Chinese pharmaceutical companies relating to both new compounds and generic versions of listed drugs on behalf of biotech and specialty pharmaceutical companies.
- We represented a U.S. manufacturer in a joint venture with a Chinese partner for the construction of a manufacturing facility in Shanghai.
- We represented a leading Canadian provider of diagnostic imaging technology in negotiating a series of arrangements to distribute its technology in conjunction with the products of the world’s top medical imaging equipment manufacturers.
- We represented a U.S.-based pharmaceutical company and its India-based subsidiary in numerous licensing and joint venture transactions with major educational and government organizations in India and represented them in its sale to a British entity. Currently, we represent a principal of the acquired entities in a spin out of these entities, which involves among other issues, special purpose financing arranged through an Indian private equity fund and coordinating U.S. and Indian tax and securities laws.
- Our lawyers represented a venture capital fund in its collaboration with a publicly traded Dutch company and a US executive in developing a web-based gaming site in the United Kingdom.