Our business litigators try matters across all areas of business litigation and in virtually all industry sectors. Our clients range from multinational Fortune 100 companies to local small businesses and individuals. We regularly litigate a wide variety of cases, including contract matters, stockholder disputes, business torts, trade practice issues, corporate governance matters, franchise law issues, tax issues, compensation and benefits matters, disputes arising from business acquisitions and dispositions, and intellectual property matters. Our litigation attorneys work closely with our business clients to reduce or eliminate their litigation risks whenever possible, and our efforts regularly achieve bottom-line results for our clients.
- Successfully represented a regional paper and cardboard processing business in a jury trial in federal district court in obtaining more than $10 million in damages for breach of contract (approximately $20 million with prejudgment interest). Read more.
- Successfully prosecuted a Chapter 93A action (unfair and deceptive practices), obtaining a $7.4 million judgment against the president of a contracting firm who participated in fraudulent activity against our client, a real estate development firm. Read more.
- Represented a national developer of human resources management software systems in successfully defending products liability/contract claims arising under software licensing and implementation agreements.
- Obtained the reversal of a copyright infringement verdict in the U.S. Court of Appeals, setting precedent on apportionment of profits in copyright infringement cases.
- Obtained for a former officer of a Boston investment banking firm outright dismissal of a federal court action alleging fraud and breach of fiduciary duty. Read more.