Robert J. Diettrich
Practice Focus and Experience
Rob Diettrich practices in the Business Law and Real Estate areas. Rob represents individuals and business organizations in connection with the formation of business entities, structuring and implementing business relationships, mergers and acquisitions, real estate and commercial loan transactions, technology licensing, and general business matters. Additionally, he has extensive experience in general business litigation and in both commercial and consumer bankruptcy law.
Rob has represented a variety of individuals as well as publicly held and privately owned companies in diverse industries ranging from software and other technology businesses, to wholesale distributors and real estate development entities, as well as public entities, including several cities and towns in Massachusetts. Rob is a former Law Clerk to now retired Senior Associate Justice Charlotte Anne Perretta of the Massachusetts Appeals Court.
- Numerous business acquisitions, real estate acquisitions, and loan financings for the largest distributor of plumbing, heating, cooling, and piping products in the Northeast.
- Trademark registrations for numerous businesses.
- The exercise of stock warrants by a quasi-public investment corporation.
- The purchase and subsequent sale of a strip mall shopping center by a local real estate developer.
- The $3 million sale of assets by a publicly held software company.
- Represented a qualified intermediary in a Section 1031 like kind exchange.
- The dissolution of a mechanics lien against the property of a commercial property owner.
- The collection of sums owed on account for a pharmaceutical supply company.
- Defense of an action to terminate license rights held by a software vendor.
- The granting of community development loans by a state agency and local cities and towns.
- Estate and Medicaid planning for individuals and families.
- The administration of decedents' estates for executors and administrators.
- Distinctions: Peer Review AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest bestowed rating; Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2004-2005.
- Admitted: Massachusetts; United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts; United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
- Member: Boston Bar Association; Massachusetts Bar Association.
- Former member of the Showa Boston Institute's Advisory Board, a language and culture institute fostering understanding between Japan and the United States.
- Volunteer at the Boston Bar Association's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program and the Lawyer for the Day Program at the Boston Housing Court.